5 Steps to Build Your Dealership’s Brand PromiseMay 16th, 2018 by MAXdigital
A brand promise helps define your dealership for customers. It tells them who you are, reflects your character, reputation, value proposition and how you differentiate yourself from the competition. Most importantly, a brand promise presents your commitment to your customers and explains why you deserve their business. Step 1: Define How You Do Business Start with how your dealership does business differently. Ask yourself how does your dealership deliver the following qualities to customers?
- Quality & Value- Do you offer inspection commitments, warranty information, free vehicle history reports, service discounts, or free car washes for loyal customers?
- Peace of mind- Do you offer money-back guarantees or parts replacement coverage?
- Selection- What vehicles are available to customers, both on the lot and within a corporate family, if applicable
- Price- What is your pricing philosophy: No haggle? Fair value? Is your online pricing consistent with showroom pricing?
- Sales approach- How might your method of paying salespeople affect the customer? Do you offer no-commission sales? Flat fees?
- Offering a quality commitment on every pre-owned vehicle, including a 3 Day/3,000 mile money back guarantee
- No pressure sales—our sales consultants are not paid on commission
- Free vehicle history reports
- Signage featuring your brand promise hanging in the showroom
- Posting your brand promise prominently on your website and social media channels
- Printed materials and information folders given to prospective customers