For auto dealerships, 2020 was a rollercoaster year. More than ever before, dealers were under pressure to ramp up their digital presence.
What role did the pandemic play in digital retailing? How much of the sales process is happening online? Are dealers planning to change their process? MAX Digital, in conjunction with Erickson Research, surveyed automotive dealers across the United States in order to:
- Explore digital retailing:
- How it connects with the in-dealership experience
- How COVID-19 influenced digital efforts
- Understand what, if any, changes to the sales process are being considered
- Measure the level of profitability for dealerships
WHAT’S AHEAD: DIGITAL SUCCESS
Our survey uncovered that digital retailing can be done — profitably.